Helpful Interview Tips – Hints For the Interview and Beyond
Questions you should ask during the interview include the following:
- Why is this position available?
- What are your goals for this position?
- What type of training programs will be offered to the person in this position?
- What obstacles must be overcome for the person in this position to succeed?
- How will my performance be evaluated?
- What opportunities are there for growth?
- What growth do you anticipate for the company over the next 12 months?
In addition, think about how you would answer the following questions:
- Tell me about yourself. (Keep your answer to the professional realm only. Review your past positions, education, and other strengths.)
- What do you know about our organization? (If you’ve done your research, you should have no problem with this one. Be positive.)
- Why are you interested in this position? (Relate how you feel your qualifications match the job requirements and express your desire to work for the company.)
- What are the most significant accomplishments in your career thus far? (Pick recent accomplishments that relate to this position and its requirements.)
- Describe a situation in which your work was criticized. (Focus on how you solved the situation and how you became a better person because of it.)
- How would you describe your personality?
- How do you perform under pressure?
- What have you done to improve yourself over the past year?
- What did you like least about your last position?
- Why are you considering leaving your current position?
- What is your ideal working environment?
- How would your co-workers describe you?
- What do you think of your boss?
- Have you ever fired anyone? What was the situation and how did you handle it?
- Are you creative?
- What are your career goals?
- Where do you see yourself in two years?
- Why should we hire you?
- What salary are you looking for?
- What other types of jobs/companies are you considering?