Our Recruiting Process
The search process used by our recruiters has proven to serve as an effective means to identify, deliver and place high-caliber talent with our client’s organizations. Our process has proven to benefit candidates as well, by involving them in an effective system that walks them through the entire search process from first time introductions to offer negotiations and ultimately to successfully resigning their current position and beginning employment with our client’s organization.These are the 20 steps that are involved in The NonProfit Recruiter™’s standard search and recruiting process:
- Coordinate the job description.
- Interview the hiring manager for clarification of needs.
- Research to locate the logical talent pool.
- Check our existing databases for leads.
- Source to narrow our research results.
- Qualify candidates by initial telephone interview against the necessary job essentials.
- Sift the potential finalists from the wishful thinkers, window shoppers, tire kickers, and underqualified.
- Perform in-depth interviews with potential finalists.
- Perform reference checks if requested by the client. Most clients prefer to perform their own reference checks.
- Arrange and coordinate the interview schedule.
- Prepare and counsel nominees for interviews by spelling out company needs, culture, organizational fit, hiring authority, personality, etc.
- Debrief candidates after each interview, answering questions, etc.
- Debrief client hiring authority after each interview, assessing strengths, weaknesses, incompatibilities, etc.
- Coordinate with hiring manager on possible offers to be made and set the stage for acceptance.
- Participate with company in providing necessary information required for negotiating an acceptable offer.
- Reconcile any differences with successful candidate to smooth the way for offer acceptance.
- Assist successful candidate in cleanly terminating current position.
- Work with spousal placement, if necessary.
- Follow up after placement to assure new employee integration.
If you have questions about this process or would like clarification regarding any of the steps involved, please contact us.